Interruptions in Online Bank payments may occur
What is S-Card?
Onni the Squirrel's favorite places in Tallinn
Onni the Squirrel is a great adventurer, during the summer holidays, he will be able to find the coolest family places in Tallinn and gladly shares advice of his favorites for creating a great day. View Onni's recommendations, and follow them, for exciting and fun morning adventures in Tallinn!
Onni the Squirrel recommends:
- In Tallinn Zoo you can see camels, polar bears, pythons, lions, and seals. In the Tropical house, you can say hello to crocodiles and chimpanzees, and the stars of the Elephant House - Fien, Dray, and Carl - do not leave anyone indifferent. Recently, a rare rhinoceros baby was born in the zoo, who is right now demonstrating his first playing skills and is learning rhinoceros tricks from his mother. From the zoo, it is easy to wander across the road to Rocca al Mare shopping center and to the Estonian Open Air Museum.
- The Seaplane Harbor Marine Museum has a genuine submarine you can crawl into, the Lembit, plus many other boats and yachts, the icebreaker Suur Tõll, a cinema, a large aquarium, and simulators. Small sea enthusiasts can take pictures in naval costumes, or drive a boat, or throw paper airplanes to practice accuracy. Right now there is the sea rescue exhibition, all this as a special offer valid for the guests of the Viru hotel.
- In the Energy Discovery Center, you will adventure into an exciting world of physics, travel to distant planets and gaze at outer space. The center has unique "light machines," which demonstrates lightning bolts of up to 3 m.
- The Estonian History Museum takes you on a journey several millennia back and tells the stories about the colorful history of small Estonia. In the Maarjamäe stable building of the museum, you can view the anniversary exhibition of our northern neighbors "100 Finnish things."
- The water world can be best enjoyed in the pools and saunas of Tallink Spa Water Center near our hotels. The most popular choice in the sunny summer weather is the wonderful sandy beach of Pirita.
Tallinn offers plenty of opportunities for an active family holiday – from adventure, water parks to play centres. Keep on reading to find out about different activities for children of all ages.