Central Sales Services irregular opening hours
What is S-Card?
Vaakuna over the decades
- The hotel facilities were opened after 13 years of construction.
- The opening ceremony took place on 10 June 1952, right before the Olympic Games in Helsinki. The Olympic guests were accommodated in the new hotel.
- In 1957, the entire top floor was joined with Restaurant Vaakuna, opened ten years earlier.
- In 1968, a lobby bar was opened on the second floor and a terrace bar on the 10th floor.
- The first extension of the hotel took place in 1969. At that time, new hotel rooms were built on the 6th floor.
- The Pika-Pala restaurant changed to the Vaakunan Grilli restaurant in 1971.
- A balcony skiing event, which also received international attention, was arranged at the top-floor terrace before the Winter Olympics in Sapporo.
- The extension of the hotel and the 5th floor were completed in 1980.
- In 1981, the hotel rooms were renovated.
- The Sky Bar nightclub was opened in 1983 in the place of the terrace bar.
- In 1986, the hotel's 6th floor was transformed into the Business Class floor, complete with its own reception.
- The hotel lobby was restored in 1988.
- The hotel was repaired and renovated.
- Memphis was opened in the place of Piccadilly in 1993, and Memphis Coffee House started business in 1997.
- Renovations were completed on the top floor in January 1996, and it was opened under the name 10th Floor.
- Renovation of the hotel, started in 2001, was carried out with respect for its heritage, as the building is protected by Finland's National Board of Antiquities.
- 10th Floor restaurant became known as restaurant Loiste.