Sokoshotels.fi is being renewed!
Check out the new features by making your room reservation at beta.sokoshotels.fi.
Sokos Hotels' accessibility survey
Many basic accessibility aspects, such as special dimensioning solutions in hotel rooms, bathrooms and access openings, have already been part of the everyday life of Sokos Hotels for years. All Sokos Hotels opened since 2018 have been designed in compliance with the hotel accessibility regulations in force at the time of construction. There are accessible rooms in all Sokos Hotels that were constructed at a time when specifications for accessible rooms were available.
Arranging meetings in a fully or partially accessible manner is possible in 41 of our hotels. There are accessible access routes for our meeting guests in most of our hotels. In addition to access openings, induction loops, non-flexible and hard flooring, suitable table height and access to the presenter area have been taken into account in the fully accessible meeting rooms. Accessibility is broadly considered in the development of Sokos Hotels from digital development to development of the customer experience and communications. One of our more recent accessibility improvements is an improvement to the accessibility of our app.
We at Sokos Hotels have worked hard to improve accessibility, and plan to do much more. Accessibility is one of the long-term development projects of our hotels as part of the S Group responsibility programme, Best Place to Live. The current status of accessibility in our hotels was surveyed in 2018 and 2019. A local council on disability assisted in the survey in the case of many of the hotels. This created the foundation needed for further accessibility development in Sokos Hotels. Our new accessibility criteria, which will be completed in 2020, comprehensively consider all aspects of accessibility. In addition to regulatory requirements, the criteria consisting of approximately a hundred points comprehensively cover accessibility aspects, such as sight, hearing, communication and electronic communications.
The new accessibility criteria will be made more concrete in 2020–2021. This means the following, for example:
- Improving the availability of our website.
In terms of the accessibility criteria:
- We will audit our hotel properties based on the criteria. We will create accessibility levels so that our customers can more easily find a hotel to suit their needs.
- We will prepare a transparent schedule for the development actions required for the criteria.
- From 2021 onwards, we will invest especially in the training of our employees to even better serve our guests who require accessible services.
The development of accessibility is part of the responsibility efforts of Sokos Hotels.
- For ten years in a row, the Sokos Hotels chain has been chosen as Finland's most responsible hotel chain.
- For 11 years in a row, the Sokos Hotels chain has been chosen as Finland's most reliable hotel chain.
- All the Sokos Hotels in Finland have been awarded the right to use the Green Key ecolabel as an indication of their work to promote sustainable tourism.
For the latest information on our hotels' accessible services, please contact our sales service. You can find contact information here »