Hotel Villa is located in a building that used to be a granary. It was converted into a hotel in 1991. The brick building, constructed in 1926, is protected and, therefore, the hotel facade has remained in its original glory. The hotel was named in honour of the strong local textile industry tradition; Villa means 'wool' in Finnish. Hotel Villa underwent a comprehensive renovation in the spring and summer of 2011, and it was re-opened in July 2011 with its interior completely revamped. The renovation gave the hotel rooms, lobby and bars an entirely new look. A room-specific cooling system was built and all bathrooms and electrical installations were redone. After the renovation, the total number of rooms in the hotel increased by three, and it is now 99.