Description of file for consumers and processing of personal data at Sokos Hotels
DESCRIPTION OF FILE
Section 10 of the Personal Data Act (523/99)
Created on: 9 December 2002
Name: SOK and hotels and restaurants belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain at each time
Contact information: SOK, P.O. Box 1, FI-00088 S-RYHMÄ, Finland, tel. +358 10 76 8011
2. Contact person
Contact information: P.O. Box 68, FI-00088 S-RYHMÄ, Finland
3. Name of the file
The customer register of SOK and hotels and restaurants belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain
4. Purpose of processing personal data (the purpose of the file)
The controller processes customers' personal data for the following purposes:
- management and development of customer relationship
- handling reservations
- payments, monitoring of payments and debt collection
- marketing of the controller's goods and services
- development of the controller's business and related customer service
- making restaurant table reservations and meeting facility bookings for customers
- tracking and analysing information about customers' interests, their choices and wishes related to accommodation and dining, and developing customer service accordingly
- registering activities and benefits under a loyal customer programme
- catering to the wishes of loyal customers, developing customer service for them and focusing the selection of services
- registering benefits of partner companies belonging to the loyal customer programme.
The processing of personal data is based on Paragraphs 1, 2, 5 and 6 of Subsection 1 of Section 8 of the Personal Data Act.
5. Data content of the file
The following data is collected and stored for customers:
- customer information: name, date of birth, customer number, contact information (e.g. telephone and mobile number, e-mail address and other electronic address information) for contacting the customer, title or profession, language code, gender, citizenship, the number of adults and children who were travelling with the customer, and invoicing details
- customer feedback information: customer satisfaction information, comments on the controller's services, and other information obtained with the customer's consent
- reservation information (e.g. information on previous and future reservations)
- information on the use of services: e.g. information on service use, purchases and cancellations and the hotel or restaurant where the customer purchased the service
- information related to the customer's wishes and choices: e.g. non-smoking room or table, room category information and details of the desired services
- the customer's payment method and payment behaviour information (including information on delayed payments), as well as invoicing information
- the customer's consent for direct marketing through e-mail, SMS and other automatic systems
- information concerning the prohibition of direct advertising, distance selling and other direct marketing in accordance with the relevant legislation
- information about membership in loyal customer systems and other similar systems of the controller and companies with a cooperation agreement with the controller, as well as the information necessary for obtaining the benefits of the systems
- loyal customer card information (e.g. card number and validity)
- information on the use of the controller's services per card (e.g. hotel nights and purchases)
- points earned by the loyal customer and the bonus points paid
- information about interests and hobbies
- other information collected with the customer's consent (e.g. information on physical disabilities, injuries and illnesses reported by the customer and required to provide the service requested by the customer)
6. Regular sources of data
The data concerning customers is obtained with customers' consent from the customers themselves (Paragraph 1 of Subsection 1 of Section 8 of the Personal Data Act) and from transactions related to the customers' service reservations and purchases (Paragraphs 2 and 5 of Subsection 1 of Section 8 of the Personal Data Act). Personal data can also be collected, stored and updated from the files of the Population Register Centre and other controllers offering address, update and other similar services.
7. Regular disclosure of the data and transfer of the data outside the EU or the European Economic Area
Customers' personal data is regularly disclosed for the bonus system of SOK's member services and to organisations with a cooperation agreement with the controller.
Customers' personal data is also disclosed and transferred outside the European Economic Area when the arrangement of accommodation or other services requested by the customer requires this. Disclosure and transfer of the data are based on the customer's consent and assignment (Subsections 1 and 2 of Section 8 of the Personal Data Act).
Customers' personal data is regularly disclosed to the marketing register of SOK, as well as hotels and restaurants belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain after the business contact between the controller and the customer has ended.
8. Principles of securing the file
A. Manual material
Material in a manual format is stored at the premises of SOK and the hotels belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain, which are locked and monitored.
B. Data stored in electronic format
Only those persons employed by SOK and hotels belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain who need the data for their work duties have access rights to the file. They are using user IDs and passwords.
The data is stored in S Group's closed network, which is technically protected by means of a firewall.
INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS IN CONFORMANCE WITH SECTION 24 OF THE PERSONAL DATA ACT
Description of file
The description of file concerning the customer register of SOK and hotels belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain is displayed at SOK's premises at Fleminginkatu 34, 00510 Helsinki, Finland and on our website at www.sokoshotels.fi. The description of file is also available at every hotel belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain.
Right of inspection and the right to rectify erroneous data
The customer is entitled to inspect the data concerning him or her stored in the customer register. If the customer wants to exercise their right of inspection, the customer shall send a personally signed inspection request to SOK to the address P.O. Box 68, FI-00088 S-RYHMÄ. The customer can also visit SOK or any hotel belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain with a document that proves their identity. The customer shall specify their name, address and telephone number on the inspection request. SOK will submit its written reply to the customer within 30 days of the customer visiting SOK or a hotel belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain in person or after the customer's written inspection request has been received at SOK or at a hotel belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain.
If there are any errors in the customer's data, the customer can submit a request for rectification to SOK and any hotel belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain.
Right to prohibit processing
The customer has the right to prohibit the controller from processing his or her data for the purposes of direct advertising, distance selling and other direct marketing. The customer can implement the prohibition by reporting it in writing to SOK to the address P.O. Box 68, FI-00088 S-RYHMÄ, or by calling +358 (0)20 1234 600.
The Sokos Hotels chain
Information concerning hotels and restaurants belonging to the Sokos Hotels chain at any time can be obtained by calling +358 (0)20 1234 600 or visiting the Sokos Hotels website at www.sokoshotels.fi.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AT SOKOS HOTELS
Collection of data
Personal data is collected in compliance with the Personal Data Act when the customer makes a room, table or meeting service reservation by telephone, fax, e-mail or via a website.
Right of inspection and the right to rectify erroneous data
As our customer, you are entitled to inspect your personal data stored in our customer register. If you want to exercise your right of inspection, please send a signed inspection request to the address SOK, Sokos Hotels, Peter Jung, P.O. Box 1, FI-00088 S-RYHMÄ.
If there are any errors in your data, you can request the rectification of the errors.
Right to prohibit processing
You have the right to prohibit Sokos Hotels from processing your data for the purposes of direct advertising, distance selling and other direct marketing. You can implement the prohibition by reporting it in writing to the address SOK, Sokos Hotels, Peter Jung, P.O. Box 1, FI-00088 S-RYHMÄ. You can also call the Sokos Hotels Sales Service, tel. +358 (0)20 1234 600 (Mon–Fri 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) and report the prohibition.
Storage of the data
The data is stored in S Group's secure data network, which is separated from the public network with firewalls.