S-Card login has changed
From now on, you can use our service using the S Group’s authentication method to which you have connected your S-Card membership
What is S-Card?
Lappee supports low-emission mobility
When you stay at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee during summer, you can borrow a bicycle free of charge for a couple of hours. Using a bicycle, all fun activities at the port, the fortress museums, the popular Myllyranta beach and, for example, the children's traffic park are within quick and easy reach. We offer Jopo bicycles for adults and children, and Aino and Oiva bicycles for adults. Of course, you can also borrow bicycle helmets and child seats from us. We hope that you take a tour around the city on a bicycle, without needing to worry about parking and without producing any unnecessary emissions.
In July, you may meet valiant dragoons on horseback. The history of dragoons starts in Sweden in the 18th century. Uusimaa dragoons took part in the Finnish Civil War in 1918. The dragoon battalion was closed in 1989. The Dragoon Guild maintains the heritage of dragoons. The ride of the dragoons in Lappeenranta always takes place in July. Original Sokos Hotel Lappee supports the traditional mounted patrol of the Dragoon Guild. We also find it important that this tradition continues and that people have access to a piece of history that affected the birth of an independent Finland.
Consumers' choice – once again Sokos Hotels is the most trusted hotel chain in Finland
Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key eco-label for all its hotels
Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key environmental certificate for all the chain's hotels. Ecological modes of transport and solar panels on hotel roofs are examples of our multifaceted environmental work.
"Environmental work at Sokos Hotels has been persistent, versatile and systematic. Each hotel has found a suitable angle to environmental work that is closest to their heart," says Program Director Marketta Viljasaari from Green Key. "And with the volume of a large hotel chain, small everyday acts yield large environmental benefits," Viljasaari says.
Kick scooters and snowshoes for customer use
An important part of Green Key work is to guide clients in ecological tourism. "We encourage our customers to use environmentally friendly modes of transport, for example. Guests of all our hotels can borrow ecological modes of transport from bicycles to kick scooters and from snowshoes to skis. Additionally, we offer skiing track, route and city maps to our guests. Customers driving electric vehicles can more and more often charge their vehicles at Sokos Hotels' charging points," says Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager of Sokos Hotels.
The staff is also encouraged to exercise with, for example, stair-stepping challenges and by encouraging the use of bicycles on commutes.
The hot water of Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone is heated with the hotel's own solar panels
One of the forerunners of the chain and the entire Finnish hotel field is Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone, where solar panels were fitted on the hotel roof in 2014. On a sunny summer, the hotel's entire hot water supply is heated with the energy provided by the solar panels.
Among all the Green Key hotels, this hotel produces heat with solar panels most extensively.
The energy of solar panels can also be distributed for floor heating or heat emitters, which ensures that the energy produced by the solar panels will not be wasted.
Development work for the environment will continue. At the turn of the year, a heat recovery system for waste water was commissioned. Its yield is then times that of the solar panels.
"We are very proud that we have managed to achieve Green Key eco-label for all our hotels in just four years. And our work will not stop here. Our next concrete goal is to decrease food loss by 15 percent by the end of 2020," Nurmela promises.
Concept Manager Janina Nurmela, Sokos Hotels, SOK Travel and Hospitality Industry Chain Management, tel. +358(0)10 76 82878, email@example.com
Program Director Marketta Viljasaari, Green Key Finland, tel. +358(0)45 600 9250, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation services that have been awarded the Green Key have undertaken to raise the environmental awareness of their staff and customers, increase the efficiency of energy and water consumption and reduce the environmental load of accommodation activities. Companies with Green Key certificate will be able to use the internationally known Green Key label as well as the program's support for their environmental work and its communication.
The day-to-day environmental work of accommodation services with Green Key certificate include, for example, sparing consumption of energy and water, decreasing and recycling waste, offering local, vegetarian and organic products and enabling ecological transport and nature tourism for the customers. The Green Key certification has already been granted to 2,900 accommodation services in 57 different countries.
Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
Sokos Hotels that has already 35 Green Key certified hotels in Finland take their environmental work seriously. They have recently done impressive environmental work when renovating their establishments, at the same time spreading good will by donating the replaced goods.
In Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti that lies in Helsinki city center thousands of furniture are replaced when giving the hotel a refreshed look. The old furniture will get a new life in multiple ways: Some of them have been reupholstered to fit the hotel´s new look. Some have been relocated to staff premises. Beds, blankets, pillows, curtains and night tables in turn get to continue their lives with a help of a Finnish company named Freshrent.
Freshrent cleanses and renovates the old materials. Some of the materials are good enough to be sold to private homes, smaller hotels and festivity premises. There are also temporary houses for construction workers as well as reception centers furnished with the old hotel beds.
Often hundreds of beds can be replaced when renovating a hotel. These beds might end up in a landfill but Freshrent gives it´s all to keep the stuff away from the landfills. If a bed is not suitable for use anymore it will be put into pieces that are recycled. Caring about the nature is a trend but Festrent also has plenty of customers that highly value the good quality of durable old hotel beds, states their CEO Juha Mäkinen.
Recycling furniture to fight social exclusion
Renovated Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi at the city of Kuopio in turn donated their old goods to local Tukeva-work training foundation. The foundation gives workshops where the goods are renovated and then sold in foundation´s shops. The earnings from the shops are used to support socially exclusioned young people and long term unemployed.
Also, Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra in Jyväskylä donated some of their beds to help prevent social exclusion and help the long term unemployed but also the animals got their share of good will: Bedsheets were donated to vet clinics and a local agility association.
Responsible business is made of everyday choices
Reusing and recycling as part of everyday work is a fundamental part of Green Key work and an important part of responsible hotel business. Sokos Hotels chain are working hard to have all their remaining few hotels Green Key certified by the end of the year 2017.
Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 50 388 3477, email email@example.com
Hannele Laurila, Hotel Director, Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti, tel. 050 359 4449, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
As of Monday April 24th, the chain's loyalty program business travellers, the S-Card holders, can check in to any Sokos Hotel with their smartphone. Next up will be the introduction of electronic check-out.
Electronic check-in has been piloted in a number of Sokos Hotels since last autumn. Test period results have proved to be positive and customers have described the service as very user-friendly. The payment option was particularly praised. Electronic check-in is now available to S-Card holders in all Sokos Hotels in Finland.
"The new service provides customers a carefree and effortless stay, both prior to and during their travels. Via the online check-in service, the customer can check reservation details, inform the hotel of their arrival time and have the possibility to pay for the hotel stay in advance", says Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager at Sokos Hotels.
"We want to offer business travellers alternative ways of checking in to hotels. In some instances traditional check-in may be preferred, while at other times customers may want to enter their rooms without interference. Our customers who already are frequent users of digital services have found the online check-in possibility a welcomed and positive development. The payment option makes also the check-out more effortless", Siitonen continues.
As of April 24th, online check-in is in use in all Sokos Hotels in Finland, for those S-Card holders who have booked their rooms on the Sokos Hotel's website via the S-Card Service, via Sokos Hotels Sales Service Centre or directly from the hotel. Check-in can be done on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The development of digital services at Sokos Hotels continues. During this year, the chain aims to introduce an online check-out service. In the future, online services will also be extended to the S Group owner-customers.
Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 10 76 82739, email@example.com
S-Card customer service tel. +358 10 76 82777 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 (66)
- July (18)
- We protect the environment at Sokos Hotels in St. Peterburg
- Accommodation for the newlyweds in St. Petersburg
- Happenings and events in August
- Onni the squirrel's recommendation: "If you're in Tallinn and your stomach's rumbling, head to the Amarillo restaurant!"
- The KGB rooftop bar: period entertainment on the 23rd floor
- Original Sokos Hotel Viru's mascot Onni the squirrel invites everyone to Tallinn
- The City Business Resort in St. Petersburg
- Air Guitar World Championship VIP in Amarillo
- Elegant and active boutique hotel
- St. Petersburg is the best European travel destination in 2019!
- Weekend in Sports' Bar 84 in St. Petersburg
- 8th line PUB
- TRY NORTHERN CUISINE IN ST. PETERSBURG!
- Wedding in St.Petersburg
- Are you ready to solve the riddle of Room Escape?
- Floating sauna on Lake Saimaa in Lappeenranta
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Rovaniemi is a nominee in the World Luxury Hotel Awards-competition
- Break Sokos Hotel Vuokatti cottages
- June (8)
- Come to meet Onni Orava Squirrel
- The building of the extension to Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki
- Cottages are available untill 15.8.2019
- The tastiest interview in Tallinn with Food Service Manager Erik-Mattias Raekson
- Viru Beauty Salon in Tallinn awaits you!
- Tallinn through the eyes of a Finn
- Levi events
- The History of Wiklund
- May (14)
- Wiklund – Your friend at the heart of the city
- Your home office is in Albert!
- Rent a bike in Tapiola
- Restoration of the Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky facade is completed
- Top 10 non-standard reasons to visit Saint-Petersburg
- Play room for the youngest guests in Kokkola
- Kayaking on your own!
- Summer fun for the whole family in Vaasa!
- Jacuzzi temporarily out of use in Levi
- Cottages and apartments at Tahko
- Lappee supports low-emission mobility
- A new rooftop terrace at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna in Vaasa
- Aulanko Golf
- Welcome – enjoy your stay at the Kvarken Archipelago, a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- April (10)
- We have the Green Key eco-label
- A short cruise from Vaasa to Umeå
- Befriend Helsinki by bicycle!
- The top Estonian cabaret performers will return in October.
- Tallinn just became a lot more romantic
- Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki is a nominee in the World Luxury Hotel Awards-competition in three different categories
- Rovaniemi Events 2019
- Helsinki by bike from Torni
- Pölhölä summer theater play in Iisalmi
- The Wife Carrying World Championships at Sonkajärvi
- March (7)
- Things to do at Break Sokos Hotel Vuokatti
- Guided daytrip by adventure bus from Mikkeli
- Guided daytrip by adventure bus from Savonlinna
- New exhibition in Tallinn: Sex & the Sea.
- Lappish hospitality will enchant you
- Dali Silver Star beaty centre
- Consumers' choice – once again Sokos Hotels is the most trusted hotel chain in Finland
- February (8)
- Our staff recommends- fun things to do in Vaasa!
- Experience culture with the locals
- City holiday at Saint-Petersburg
- Royal Vaasa supports the important work for the Baltic Sea
- Vaasa's Vaakuna is Finland's number one Original hotel!
- Jorma Uotinen's Junior Suite
- Ride your electric vehicle to Royal Vaasa!
- January (1)
- July (18)
- 2018 (71)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- Restaurant Gunnar´s Christmas dessert
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi INSTAGRAM
- Gym & Fitness Center Rikala Salo
- Gunnar's producer stories 6/6 – Intensive flavours from Kotipelto garden
- Presenting our key persons - Hotel Manager Sanna Paloniemi
- Gunnar's producer stories 5/6 – Fishing tradition in Airisto, Turku
- October (8)
- Presenting our key persons – Gunnar's Restaurant Manager Sami Kivirinta
- Proud to be Green Key labelled hotel
- Welcome to Kenkävero
- Gunnar and Chef's Sharing Table, invites You around one table
- Gunnar's producer stories 4/6 – Personal beer from a unique brewery
- Gunnar's producer stories 3/6 – Artisan bread baked with love and patience
- Royal Vaasa's Frans & Nicole and Wazaca new delicious menus
- Pets in the hotel: seven important tips
- September (7)
- Lobby renovation at Seurahuone Savonlinna
- Gunnar's producer stories 2/6 - the versatile honey of the dark bees
- A memorable and surprising visit to Torni Tampere
- Headquaters Museum in Mikkeli
- Burger rally: A burger for every day of the week at Amarillo!
- Theme room: The story of Pori ice hockey
- Arina received Trip Advisor certificate
- August (6)
- Gunnar's producer stories 1/6 – Friends of Gunnar on a visit to Sikka Talu's sheep farm
- The Knights of Torni Helsinki
- Organise your conference or throw your Christmas party in the heart of Tallinn!
- The renovation of Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti has been completed
- Alexandra's themed rooms showcase the history of Central Finland
- Enjoy a workout in the recently modernised gym of Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki
- July (5)
- June (6)
- Turku Regional Cooperative to open a new hotel in Kupittaa
- Special burger menu at the Bridges Bar
- Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key eco-label for all its hotels
- The Table – Enjoy culinary surprises in great company in the heart of Tallinn
- Helsinki by public transportation
- Souvenir Shop Nordis
- May (6)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (2)
- January (11)
- Restaurant Dans Le Noir? is now available for reservation every day
- Vaakuna Rovaniemi is Travelers´ Choice 2018
- Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience certificate to Vaakuna Rovaniemi
- A wonderful new Travel Kit in Tapiola Garden
- Snowpanda couple in Ähtäri
- Ilves equipped with two electric car charging stations
- Natural History Museum in Helsinki
- We are proud to present: Solo Sokos Hotel Turun Seurahuone
- Rovaniemi Vaakuna Charitable cooperation
- Moomins in Helsinki
- A walk that leaves a good taste in your mouth!
- 2017 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (1)
- September (9)
- Fall in love with our theme rooms - see the videos
- In need of a workout?
- Rendel, a Finnish superhero film
- Bistro Manu is open!
- Electric car recharging point at Vaakuna Pori
- Follow the President in Facebook & Instagram
- Torni Tampere restaurants
- Tapiola Garden in Instagram
- Arrive at Tapiola Garden on West Metro
- August (4)
- June (4)
- May (7)
- April (8)
- March (6)
- February (1)
- January (10)
- 2016 (24)
- December (3)
- November (3)
- October (1)
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (1)
- May (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- 2015 (11)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- April (2)
- January (1)
- 2014 (11)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (1)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (3)
- January (2)
If you want to make reservations at co-op member prices and get Bonus points, log out of the My S-Card service.
If you want to make a reservation as an S-Card customer, log out with your S-code and log in to the My S-Card service.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to book S-Card bonus nights at St. Petersburg hotels through the online service. Please contact our Sales Service, tel. +358 20 1234 600.