- 2017 (107)
- July (8)
- Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra is being modernised
- Estonia commenced its Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- Onni the Squirrel's favorite places in Tallinn
- Make yourself your favorite burger at the summer buffet!
- In summer, Onni the Squirrel rests in Viru hotel
- Break Sokos Hotel Bomba's spa is closed due to major renovation.
- Play room for the youngest guests in Vaasa
- Tram and rollercoaster - a fun ride in Helsinki
- June (19)
- Eden's gym is closed 1.-3.8.2017
- Play room for the youngest guests in Kokkola
- Sting will perform in Tallinn on 29 September
- Estonian National Museum received the Grand Prize
- Celebrate the birthday of Estonia with a glamorous cabaret
- Rauno recommends – going to Kadriorg, Pirita and Telliskivi by bike
- Come to meet Onni Orava Squirrel
- Nightclub Cafe Amigo
- Art goes Turku Logomo
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Landmarks of Tampere on a web guide
- "There are no bananas!" – exhibition
- Updated exhibition is St. Petersburg
- Pedestrian Street - Heart of the city
- Breakfast at Original Sokos Hotel Kaarle in the summer.
- Gastro Bar Itä 1
- 8th line PUB
- The best Sokos Hotel in the world
- May (26)
- Hotel Viru & KGB museum
- Green Key eco label
- Join our team!
- Somersby Lounge and live music concerts on the Amarillo summer terrace!
- Spring and summer events in Kalamaja
- Recognition of Estoria's great stories
- Beware of the design – the new design stores in Tallinn!
- The only opera house in the world named after a country in Tallinn
- The first hotel in Estonia to receive the Friend of Fairtrade title
- Special benefits for hotel guests
- Centenary year of independent Finland
- Summer Days in Turku - Enjoy the Sea and Nature with Föli Waterbus
- Restaurant Sevilla closed since 12th of June
- Eleven FINLAND 100 themed rooms in hotel Viru
- Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
- Experience Helsinki from the sea
- Discover Turku by bike
- Forever Young Cabaret night in Tallinn
- Levi Happenings during 2016
- Great and affordable summer at Original Sokos Hotel Vantaa
- The official instagram page
- Accommodation for the newlyweds in St. Petersburg
- Wedding in St. Petersburg
- Welcome to Royal Vaasa's renewed sauna
- Summer fun for the whole family in Vaasa!
- Unforgettable moments
- April (21)
- Kayaking on your own!
- Come to the 45th anniversary of Hotel Viru!
- New veggie choices and Taco Tuesdays in Amarillo Viru!
- Hotel right next to the shopping paradise
- Original Sokos Hotel Koljonvirta, for a good cause
- Your dream wedding
- Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
- Original offer from Fransmanni
- Kokkolan Kaarle supports GBK-Tigers team!
- The most popular fashion centre in Estonia
- Grand Maket Rossiya Museum
- Beautiful Bear's Trail hiking route in Kuusamo
- Top quality ballet in Olavinlinna: Swan Lake
- Flamingo Spa maintenance break in August
- Jubilee year at the hotel Viru
- Levi - Entertainment for the whole family!
- A 10% discount on Flowpark tickets in Lappeenranta
- Original Finnish cuisine in St. Petersburg
- Open values of the cultural capital
- We recommend!
- Events in Iisalmi
- March (14)
- Sokos Hotels is the most sustainable hotel chain in Finland
- Try Northern cuisine in St. Petersburg!
- Welcome to Savonlinna Operafestival 2017
- Anniversary beer Viru XLV in contest heat!
- Sweet options in the LobbyBar!
- Attract glances with a bow tie!
- Central section WHSD opening in St. Petersburg
- Central section WHSD opening
- Combi-room in Vaakuna Vasa
- Early breakfast in Flamingo, Vantaa
- The Telegraph has spoken — Viru is in the top 5 hotels in Estonia
- Lappee supports low-emission mobility
- Book a hotel directly without any third parties
- BOOK A HOTEL DIRECTLY WITHOUT ANY THIRD PARTIES
- February (7)
- January (12)
- Meet the Viru 45 anniversary year with records
- Special Viru 45 jubilee brewer
- New Theme rooms
- Bachelor and bachelorette party in Royal Vaasa
- Wedding night at Royal Vaasa
- Wedding in Royal Vaasa
- Have a break at Levi!
- Coffee Bar
- A SMALL TROOP OF MONKEYS LIVES IN DESIGN HOTEL VAAKUNA
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi INSTAGRAM
- TAKE PART IN RAPPURALLI!
- July (8)
- 2016 (57)
- December (6)
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna in Seinäjoki to be modernised
- A trademarked meeting of the new year in Tallinn
- The most talented performer in Viru cabaret!
- Nina Nieminen elected as Chair of HSMAI Region Europe Distribution Advisory Board
- Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience
- Kaarle has been given the Green Key -certificate
- November (7)
- October (7)
- SISU at Presidentti
- Half of the rooms already renovated in Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti
- Follow the President in Facebook & Instagram
- A BUILDING OF FASCINATING FURNITURE
- Varma commissions expansion of Sokotel's Flamingo hotel
- Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki has again received international recognition
- Breakfast for vegetarians in Estoria
- September (6)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- June (4)
- May (7)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (6)
- January (2)
- December (6)
- 2015 (19)
- December (3)
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (3)
- June (2)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- January (1)
- 2014 (15)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- 2013 (14)
- December (1)
- November (3)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- March (4)
- February (3)
If you want to make reservations at co-op member prices and get Bonus points, log out of the My S-Card service.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to book S-Card bonus nights at St. Petersburg hotels through the online service. Please contact our Sales Service, tel. +358 20 1234 600.
Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
Sokos Hotels that has already 35 Green Key certified hotels in Finland take their environmental work seriously. They have recently done impressive environmental work when renovating their establishments, at the same time spreading good will by donating the replaced goods.
In Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti that lies in Helsinki city center thousands of furniture are replaced when giving the hotel a refreshed look. The old furniture will get a new life in multiple ways: Some of them have been reupholstered to fit the hotel´s new look. Some have been relocated to staff premises. Beds, blankets, pillows, curtains and night tables in turn get to continue their lives with a help of a Finnish company named Freshrent.
Freshrent cleanses and renovates the old materials. Some of the materials are good enough to be sold to private homes, smaller hotels and festivity premises. There are also temporary houses for construction workers as well as reception centers furnished with the old hotel beds.
Often hundreds of beds can be replaced when renovating a hotel. These beds might end up in a landfill but Freshrent gives it´s all to keep the stuff away from the landfills. If a bed is not suitable for use anymore it will be put into pieces that are recycled. Caring about the nature is a trend but Festrent also has plenty of customers that highly value the good quality of durable old hotel beds, states their CEO Juha Mäkinen.
Recycling furniture to fight social exclusion
Renovated Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi at the city of Kuopio in turn donated their old goods to local Tukeva-work training foundation. The foundation gives workshops where the goods are renovated and then sold in foundation´s shops. The earnings from the shops are used to support socially exclusioned young people and long term unemployed.
Also, Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra in Jyväskylä donated some of their beds to help prevent social exclusion and help the long term unemployed but also the animals got their share of good will: Bedsheets were donated to vet clinics and a local agility association.
Responsible business is made of everyday choices
Reusing and recycling as part of everyday work is a fundamental part of Green Key work and an important part of responsible hotel business. Sokos Hotels chain are working hard to have all their remaining few hotels Green Key certified by the end of the year 2017.
Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 50 388 3477, email email@example.com
Hannele Laurila, Hotel Director, Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti, tel. 050 359 4449, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
As of Monday April 24th, the chain's loyalty program business travellers, the S-Card holders, can check in to any Sokos Hotel with their smartphone. Next up will be the introduction of electronic check-out.
Electronic check-in has been piloted in a number of Sokos Hotels since last autumn. Test period results have proved to be positive and customers have described the service as very user-friendly. The payment option was particularly praised. Electronic check-in is now available to S-Card holders in all Sokos Hotels in Finland.
"The new service provides customers a carefree and effortless stay, both prior to and during their travels. Via the online check-in service, the customer can check reservation details, inform the hotel of their arrival time and have the possibility to pay for the hotel stay in advance", says Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager at Sokos Hotels.
"We want to offer business travellers alternative ways of checking in to hotels. In some instances traditional check-in may be preferred, while at other times customers may want to enter their rooms without interference. Our customers who already are frequent users of digital services have found the online check-in possibility a welcomed and positive development. The payment option makes also the check-out more effortless", Siitonen continues.
As of April 24th, online check-in is in use in all Sokos Hotels in Finland, for those S-Card holders who have booked their rooms on the Sokos Hotel's website via the S-Card Service, via Sokos Hotels Sales Service Centre or directly from the hotel. Check-in can be done on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The development of digital services at Sokos Hotels continues. During this year, the chain aims to introduce an online check-out service. In the future, online services will also be extended to the S Group owner-customers.
Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 10 76 82739, email@example.com
S-Card customer service tel. +358 10 76 82777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokos Hotels is the most sustainable hotel chain in Finland
S Group's chains were again ranked high in the Sustainable Brand Index, the largest brand study on sustainability in the Nordic countries. Finnish consumers rated S-Market, S-Bank and Sokos Hotels as the most sustainable brands in their categories.
The brands were listed by country. When all the studied sectors were put together, Sokos Hotels was the 29th most sustainable brand in Finland. S Group's brands received excellent rankings, with the Kotimaista product range (2nd place), S-Market (3rd place) and Prisma (9th place) being in the top ten.
In the annual Sustainable Brand Index study conducted in Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway, nearly 30,000 consumers analyse more than 750 brands, for example, according to how sustainable they consider each brand to be. Every brand is analysed by at least 1,000 people of more than 16 years of age. The study included roughly 140 brands from Finland.
The analysed brands were selected according to their market position, annual turnover, market share and general brand awareness. With regard to social and environmental sustainability, the study is based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact initiative.
Read more about the Sustainable Brand Index study.
Lappee supports low-emission mobility
When you stay at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee during summer, you can borrow a bicycle free of charge for a couple of hours. Using a bicycle, all fun activities at the port, the fortress museums, the popular Myllyranta beach and, for example, the children's traffic park are within quick and easy reach. We offer Jopo bicycles for adults and children, and Aino and Oiva bicycles for adults. Of course, you can also borrow bicycle helmets and child seats from us. We hope that you take a tour around the city on a bicycle, without needing to worry about parking and without producing any unnecessary emissions.
In July, you may meet valiant dragoons on horseback. The history of dragoons starts in Sweden in the 18th century. Uusimaa dragoons took part in the Finnish Civil War in 1918. The dragoon battalion was closed in 1989. The Dragoon Guild maintains the heritage of dragoons. The ride of the dragoons in Lappeenranta always takes place in July. Original Sokos Hotel Lappee supports the traditional mounted patrol of the Dragoon Guild. We also find it important that this tradition continues and that people have access to a piece of history that affected the birth of an independent Finland.
Book a hotel directly without any third parties
MaRa, the Finnish Hospitality Association, is involved in the European BOOK DIRECT campaign launched by HOTREC, the European trade association of hotels, restaurants and cafés. The campaign reminds consumers of their possibility to book services directly from service providers and offers information about the benefits consumers receive by booking an accommodation, restaurant or other service directly via the booking channels of companies. The wide range of booking channels has increased the number of choices available to consumers and information about the range of services, while these booking channels include unreasonable terms and conditions for companies.
Consumers are able to book accommodation or restaurant services in many ways. Different booking channels offer different benefits and advantages for consumers and service providers, such as accommodation companies and restaurants.
The BOOK DIRECT campaign reminds consumers that by booking services directly without the use of any third parties, they receive a number of benefits. By booking services directly from the company's website, by calling or sending email to the company, or by directly visiting it, consumers have direct contact with the service provider. By maintaining direct contact, consumers obtain direct information about availability, other services, any special offers and terms and conditions. In addition, it benefits companies to always offer the lowest price on their website.
By booking a room directly via the booking channels of accommodation companies, consumers are protected by the general booking and cancellation terms and conditions of accommodation companies audited by the Consumer Ombudsman. In this way, service providers also assume responsibility for any booking-related problems. If consumers book their services via an external booking service company, these terms and conditions will not apply.
The largest booking service companies hold a strong position around the world. The wide range of booking channels has increased the number of choices available to consumers and information about the range of services, while they have presented unreasonable terms, such as the best price condition, to accommodation companies. Accordingly, accommodation companies must always offer the lowest price to booking service companies and so they cannot offer rooms at lower prices in their own channels. The fees charged by booking service companies from service providers are often unreasonably high. In addition, booking service companies may indicate that no rooms are available, even though there actually are.
Book a room at Sokos Hotels – and get the best benefits – directly at sokoshotels.fi. You can also book a room by calling our sales service (+358 20 1234 600).
Welcome to Sokos Hotels!