S-Card login has changed
From now on, you can use our service using the S Group’s authentication method to which you have connected your S-Card membership
What is S-Card?
Consumers' choice – once again Sokos Hotels is the most trusted hotel chain in Finland
Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key eco-label for all its hotels
Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key environmental certificate for all the chain's hotels. Ecological modes of transport and solar panels on hotel roofs are examples of our multifaceted environmental work.
"Environmental work at Sokos Hotels has been persistent, versatile and systematic. Each hotel has found a suitable angle to environmental work that is closest to their heart," says Program Director Marketta Viljasaari from Green Key. "And with the volume of a large hotel chain, small everyday acts yield large environmental benefits," Viljasaari says.
Kick scooters and snowshoes for customer use
An important part of Green Key work is to guide clients in ecological tourism. "We encourage our customers to use environmentally friendly modes of transport, for example. Guests of all our hotels can borrow ecological modes of transport from bicycles to kick scooters and from snowshoes to skis. Additionally, we offer skiing track, route and city maps to our guests. Customers driving electric vehicles can more and more often charge their vehicles at Sokos Hotels' charging points," says Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager of Sokos Hotels.
The staff is also encouraged to exercise with, for example, stair-stepping challenges and by encouraging the use of bicycles on commutes.
The hot water of Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone is heated with the hotel's own solar panels
One of the forerunners of the chain and the entire Finnish hotel field is Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone, where solar panels were fitted on the hotel roof in 2014. On a sunny summer, the hotel's entire hot water supply is heated with the energy provided by the solar panels.
Among all the Green Key hotels, this hotel produces heat with solar panels most extensively.
The energy of solar panels can also be distributed for floor heating or heat emitters, which ensures that the energy produced by the solar panels will not be wasted.
Development work for the environment will continue. At the turn of the year, a heat recovery system for waste water was commissioned. Its yield is then times that of the solar panels.
"We are very proud that we have managed to achieve Green Key eco-label for all our hotels in just four years. And our work will not stop here. Our next concrete goal is to decrease food loss by 15 percent by the end of 2020," Nurmela promises.
Concept Manager Janina Nurmela, Sokos Hotels, SOK Travel and Hospitality Industry Chain Management, tel. +358(0)10 76 82878, email@example.com
Program Director Marketta Viljasaari, Green Key Finland, tel. +358(0)45 600 9250, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation services that have been awarded the Green Key have undertaken to raise the environmental awareness of their staff and customers, increase the efficiency of energy and water consumption and reduce the environmental load of accommodation activities. Companies with Green Key certificate will be able to use the internationally known Green Key label as well as the program's support for their environmental work and its communication.
The day-to-day environmental work of accommodation services with Green Key certificate include, for example, sparing consumption of energy and water, decreasing and recycling waste, offering local, vegetarian and organic products and enabling ecological transport and nature tourism for the customers. The Green Key certification has already been granted to 2,900 accommodation services in 57 different countries.
Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
Sokos Hotels that has already 35 Green Key certified hotels in Finland take their environmental work seriously. They have recently done impressive environmental work when renovating their establishments, at the same time spreading good will by donating the replaced goods.
In Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti that lies in Helsinki city center thousands of furniture are replaced when giving the hotel a refreshed look. The old furniture will get a new life in multiple ways: Some of them have been reupholstered to fit the hotel´s new look. Some have been relocated to staff premises. Beds, blankets, pillows, curtains and night tables in turn get to continue their lives with a help of a Finnish company named Freshrent.
Freshrent cleanses and renovates the old materials. Some of the materials are good enough to be sold to private homes, smaller hotels and festivity premises. There are also temporary houses for construction workers as well as reception centers furnished with the old hotel beds.
Often hundreds of beds can be replaced when renovating a hotel. These beds might end up in a landfill but Freshrent gives it´s all to keep the stuff away from the landfills. If a bed is not suitable for use anymore it will be put into pieces that are recycled. Caring about the nature is a trend but Festrent also has plenty of customers that highly value the good quality of durable old hotel beds, states their CEO Juha Mäkinen.
Recycling furniture to fight social exclusion
Renovated Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi at the city of Kuopio in turn donated their old goods to local Tukeva-work training foundation. The foundation gives workshops where the goods are renovated and then sold in foundation´s shops. The earnings from the shops are used to support socially exclusioned young people and long term unemployed.
Also, Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra in Jyväskylä donated some of their beds to help prevent social exclusion and help the long term unemployed but also the animals got their share of good will: Bedsheets were donated to vet clinics and a local agility association.
Responsible business is made of everyday choices
Reusing and recycling as part of everyday work is a fundamental part of Green Key work and an important part of responsible hotel business. Sokos Hotels chain are working hard to have all their remaining few hotels Green Key certified by the end of the year 2017.
Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 50 388 3477, email email@example.com
Hannele Laurila, Hotel Director, Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti, tel. 050 359 4449, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
As of Monday April 24th, the chain's loyalty program business travellers, the S-Card holders, can check in to any Sokos Hotel with their smartphone. Next up will be the introduction of electronic check-out.
Electronic check-in has been piloted in a number of Sokos Hotels since last autumn. Test period results have proved to be positive and customers have described the service as very user-friendly. The payment option was particularly praised. Electronic check-in is now available to S-Card holders in all Sokos Hotels in Finland.
"The new service provides customers a carefree and effortless stay, both prior to and during their travels. Via the online check-in service, the customer can check reservation details, inform the hotel of their arrival time and have the possibility to pay for the hotel stay in advance", says Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager at Sokos Hotels.
"We want to offer business travellers alternative ways of checking in to hotels. In some instances traditional check-in may be preferred, while at other times customers may want to enter their rooms without interference. Our customers who already are frequent users of digital services have found the online check-in possibility a welcomed and positive development. The payment option makes also the check-out more effortless", Siitonen continues.
As of April 24th, online check-in is in use in all Sokos Hotels in Finland, for those S-Card holders who have booked their rooms on the Sokos Hotel's website via the S-Card Service, via Sokos Hotels Sales Service Centre or directly from the hotel. Check-in can be done on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The development of digital services at Sokos Hotels continues. During this year, the chain aims to introduce an online check-out service. In the future, online services will also be extended to the S Group owner-customers.
Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 10 76 82739, email@example.com
S-Card customer service tel. +358 10 76 82777 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 (6)
- 2019 (66)
- December (8)
- Vaakuna Rally in Mikkeli 7.-8.2.2020
- Panoramic restaurant Loiste to get a makeover during the spring
- Vaakunan henkilökunta suosittelee: Helsingin parhaat tapahtumat
- Kouvola Vaakuna room renovations 2019–2021
- Friday Jazz Club Albertissa
- A feast under the Amarillo sun in Tallinn
- Events in Kuopio
- November (9)
- Your home office is in Albert!
- Fun weekends at Amarillo
- Original Sokos Hotel Pasila is closed
- Renovation – we are updating to a fresh new look Hotel is closed from 6th of Jan 2020 and opening 10th of Feb 2020
- Fall Staycation At Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Vaasa
- Jyväskylä and Jyväskylä Region
- Superior renewal in Lappee
- We are improving the bathrooms
- Get a room at Original Sokos Hotel Vantaa and go shopping!
- October (10)
- Follow us on social media
- Museums in iisalmi region
- KUJA Street Food Lahti
- Top shopping destinations in St. Petersburg
- Annual maintenance at Break Sokos Hotel Eden in Oulu from 13th to 19th of January 2020
- Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki receives the award for Best European Luxury Modern Hotel
- Let's shop in Kymenlaakso!
- Things to do at Break Sokos Hotel Vuokatti
- Events in Iisalmi
- Visit Saint Petersburg with a free e-visa!
- September (7)
- Spa-zone renovation 06.04.20-17.04.20
- A short cruise from Vaasa to Umeå
- The chosen charities of Original Sokos Hotel Seurahuone, Kotka
- Original Sokos Hotel Seurahuone's major renovation complete
- Inspiring meetings at Hotel Torni in Tampere
- Responsibility in Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra
- Jyväskylä - The City of Light
- August (2)
- July (9)
- We protect the environment at Sokos Hotels in St. Peterburg
- Accommodation for the newlyweds in St. Petersburg
- The City Business Resort in St. Petersburg
- Elegant and active boutique hotel
- Weekend in Sports' Bar 84 in St. Petersburg
- 8th line PUB
- TRY NORTHERN CUISINE IN ST. PETERSBURG!
- Wedding in St.Petersburg
- Break Sokos Hotel Vuokatti cottages
- June (3)
- May (4)
- April (3)
- March (4)
- February (5)
- January (2)
- December (8)
- 2018 (57)
- December (1)
- November (6)
- Restaurant Gunnar´s Christmas dessert
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi INSTAGRAM
- Gym & Fitness Center Rikala Salo
- Gunnar's producer stories 6/6 – Intensive flavours from Kotipelto garden
- Presenting our key persons - Hotel Manager Sanna Paloniemi
- Gunnar's producer stories 5/6 – Fishing tradition in Airisto, Turku
- October (9)
- Presenting our key persons – Gunnar's Restaurant Manager Sami Kivirinta
- Proud to be Green Key labelled hotel
- Welcome to Kenkävero
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Rovaniemi wins the Northern European Luxury City Hotel Series at the World Luxury Hotel Awards
- Gunnar and Chef's Sharing Table, invites You around one table
- Gunnar's producer stories 4/6 – Personal beer from a unique brewery
- Gunnar's producer stories 3/6 – Artisan bread baked with love and patience
- Royal Vaasa's Frans & Nicole and Wazaca new delicious menus
- Pets in the hotel: seven important tips
- September (4)
- August (5)
- Gunnar's producer stories 1/6 – Friends of Gunnar on a visit to Sikka Talu's sheep farm
- The Knights of Torni Helsinki
- The renovation of Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti has been completed
- Alexandra's themed rooms showcase the history of Central Finland
- Enjoy a workout in the recently modernised gym of Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki
- July (4)
- June (6)
- Turku Regional Cooperative to open a new hotel in Kupittaa
- Special burger menu at the Bridges Bar
- Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key eco-label for all its hotels
- The Table – Enjoy culinary surprises in great company in the heart of Tallinn
- Helsinki by public transportation
- Souvenir Shop Nordis
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (5)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- Restaurant Dans Le Noir? is now available for reservation every day
- Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience certificate to Vaakuna Rovaniemi
- A wonderful new Travel Kit in Tapiola Garden
- Snowpanda couple in Ähtäri
- Natural History Museum in Helsinki
- We are proud to present: Solo Sokos Hotel Turun Seurahuone
- Rovaniemi Vaakuna Charitable cooperation
- 2017 (52)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (1)
- September (9)
- Fall in love with our theme rooms - see the videos
- In need of a workout?
- Rendel, a Finnish superhero film
- Bistro Manu is open!
- Electric car recharging point at Vaakuna Pori
- Follow the President in Facebook & Instagram
- Torni Tampere restaurants
- Tapiola Garden in Instagram
- Arrive at Tapiola Garden on West Metro
- August (4)
- June (3)
- May (6)
- April (8)
- March (6)
- February (1)
- January (8)
- 2016 (24)
- December (3)
- November (3)
- October (1)
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (1)
- May (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- 2015 (9)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- April (1)
- January (1)
If you want to make reservations at co-op member prices and get Bonus points, log out of the My S-Card service.
If you want to make a reservation as an S-Card customer, log out with your S-code and log in to the My S-Card service.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to book S-Card bonus nights at St. Petersburg hotels through the online service. Please contact our Sales Service, tel. +358 20 1234 600.