Interruptions in Online Bank payments may occur
What is S-Card?
Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key eco-label for all its hotels
Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key environmental certificate for all the chain's hotels. Ecological modes of transport and solar panels on hotel roofs are examples of our multifaceted environmental work.
"Environmental work at Sokos Hotels has been persistent, versatile and systematic. Each hotel has found a suitable angle to environmental work that is closest to their heart," says Program Director Marketta Viljasaari from Green Key. "And with the volume of a large hotel chain, small everyday acts yield large environmental benefits," Viljasaari says.
Kick scooters and snowshoes for customer use
An important part of Green Key work is to guide clients in ecological tourism. "We encourage our customers to use environmentally friendly modes of transport, for example. Guests of all our hotels can borrow ecological modes of transport from bicycles to kick scooters and from snowshoes to skis. Additionally, we offer skiing track, route and city maps to our guests. Customers driving electric vehicles can more and more often charge their vehicles at Sokos Hotels' charging points," says Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager of Sokos Hotels.
The staff is also encouraged to exercise with, for example, stair-stepping challenges and by encouraging the use of bicycles on commutes.
The hot water of Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone is heated with the hotel's own solar panels
One of the forerunners of the chain and the entire Finnish hotel field is Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone, where solar panels were fitted on the hotel roof in 2014. On a sunny summer, the hotel's entire hot water supply is heated with the energy provided by the solar panels.
Among all the Green Key hotels, this hotel produces heat with solar panels most extensively.
The energy of solar panels can also be distributed for floor heating or heat emitters, which ensures that the energy produced by the solar panels will not be wasted.
Development work for the environment will continue. At the turn of the year, a heat recovery system for waste water was commissioned. Its yield is then times that of the solar panels.
"We are very proud that we have managed to achieve Green Key eco-label for all our hotels in just four years. And our work will not stop here. Our next concrete goal is to decrease food loss by 15 percent by the end of 2020," Nurmela promises.
Concept Manager Janina Nurmela, Sokos Hotels, SOK Travel and Hospitality Industry Chain Management, tel. +358(0)10 76 82878, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director Marketta Viljasaari, Green Key Finland, tel. +358(0)45 600 9250, email@example.com
Accommodation services that have been awarded the Green Key have undertaken to raise the environmental awareness of their staff and customers, increase the efficiency of energy and water consumption and reduce the environmental load of accommodation activities. Companies with Green Key certificate will be able to use the internationally known Green Key label as well as the program's support for their environmental work and its communication.
The day-to-day environmental work of accommodation services with Green Key certificate include, for example, sparing consumption of energy and water, decreasing and recycling waste, offering local, vegetarian and organic products and enabling ecological transport and nature tourism for the customers. The Green Key certification has already been granted to 2,900 accommodation services in 57 different countries.
Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
Sokos Hotels that has already 35 Green Key certified hotels in Finland take their environmental work seriously. They have recently done impressive environmental work when renovating their establishments, at the same time spreading good will by donating the replaced goods.
In Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti that lies in Helsinki city center thousands of furniture are replaced when giving the hotel a refreshed look. The old furniture will get a new life in multiple ways: Some of them have been reupholstered to fit the hotel´s new look. Some have been relocated to staff premises. Beds, blankets, pillows, curtains and night tables in turn get to continue their lives with a help of a Finnish company named Freshrent.
Freshrent cleanses and renovates the old materials. Some of the materials are good enough to be sold to private homes, smaller hotels and festivity premises. There are also temporary houses for construction workers as well as reception centers furnished with the old hotel beds.
Often hundreds of beds can be replaced when renovating a hotel. These beds might end up in a landfill but Freshrent gives it´s all to keep the stuff away from the landfills. If a bed is not suitable for use anymore it will be put into pieces that are recycled. Caring about the nature is a trend but Festrent also has plenty of customers that highly value the good quality of durable old hotel beds, states their CEO Juha Mäkinen.
Recycling furniture to fight social exclusion
Renovated Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi at the city of Kuopio in turn donated their old goods to local Tukeva-work training foundation. The foundation gives workshops where the goods are renovated and then sold in foundation´s shops. The earnings from the shops are used to support socially exclusioned young people and long term unemployed.
Also, Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra in Jyväskylä donated some of their beds to help prevent social exclusion and help the long term unemployed but also the animals got their share of good will: Bedsheets were donated to vet clinics and a local agility association.
Responsible business is made of everyday choices
Reusing and recycling as part of everyday work is a fundamental part of Green Key work and an important part of responsible hotel business. Sokos Hotels chain are working hard to have all their remaining few hotels Green Key certified by the end of the year 2017.
Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 50 388 3477, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannele Laurila, Hotel Director, Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti, tel. 050 359 4449, email: email@example.com
Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
As of Monday April 24th, the chain's loyalty program business travellers, the S-Card holders, can check in to any Sokos Hotel with their smartphone. Next up will be the introduction of electronic check-out.
Electronic check-in has been piloted in a number of Sokos Hotels since last autumn. Test period results have proved to be positive and customers have described the service as very user-friendly. The payment option was particularly praised. Electronic check-in is now available to S-Card holders in all Sokos Hotels in Finland.
"The new service provides customers a carefree and effortless stay, both prior to and during their travels. Via the online check-in service, the customer can check reservation details, inform the hotel of their arrival time and have the possibility to pay for the hotel stay in advance", says Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager at Sokos Hotels.
"We want to offer business travellers alternative ways of checking in to hotels. In some instances traditional check-in may be preferred, while at other times customers may want to enter their rooms without interference. Our customers who already are frequent users of digital services have found the online check-in possibility a welcomed and positive development. The payment option makes also the check-out more effortless", Siitonen continues.
As of April 24th, online check-in is in use in all Sokos Hotels in Finland, for those S-Card holders who have booked their rooms on the Sokos Hotel's website via the S-Card Service, via Sokos Hotels Sales Service Centre or directly from the hotel. Check-in can be done on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The development of digital services at Sokos Hotels continues. During this year, the chain aims to introduce an online check-out service. In the future, online services will also be extended to the S Group owner-customers.
Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 10 76 82739, firstname.lastname@example.org
S-Card customer service tel. +358 10 76 82777 email@example.com
Sokos Hotels is the most sustainable hotel chain in Finland
S Group's chains were again ranked high in the Sustainable Brand Index, the largest brand study on sustainability in the Nordic countries. Finnish consumers rated S-Market, S-Bank and Sokos Hotels as the most sustainable brands in their categories.
The brands were listed by country. When all the studied sectors were put together, Sokos Hotels was the 29th most sustainable brand in Finland. S Group's brands received excellent rankings, with the Kotimaista product range (2nd place), S-Market (3rd place) and Prisma (9th place) being in the top ten.
In the annual Sustainable Brand Index study conducted in Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway, nearly 30,000 consumers analyse more than 750 brands, for example, according to how sustainable they consider each brand to be. Every brand is analysed by at least 1,000 people of more than 16 years of age. The study included roughly 140 brands from Finland.
The analysed brands were selected according to their market position, annual turnover, market share and general brand awareness. With regard to social and environmental sustainability, the study is based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact initiative.
Read more about the Sustainable Brand Index study.
Lappee supports low-emission mobility
When you stay at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee during summer, you can borrow a bicycle free of charge for a couple of hours. Using a bicycle, all fun activities at the port, the fortress museums, the popular Myllyranta beach and, for example, the children's traffic park are within quick and easy reach. We offer Jopo bicycles for adults and children, and Aino and Oiva bicycles for adults. Of course, you can also borrow bicycle helmets and child seats from us. We hope that you take a tour around the city on a bicycle, without needing to worry about parking and without producing any unnecessary emissions.
In July, you may meet valiant dragoons on horseback. The history of dragoons starts in Sweden in the 18th century. Uusimaa dragoons took part in the Finnish Civil War in 1918. The dragoon battalion was closed in 1989. The Dragoon Guild maintains the heritage of dragoons. The ride of the dragoons in Lappeenranta always takes place in July. Original Sokos Hotel Lappee supports the traditional mounted patrol of the Dragoon Guild. We also find it important that this tradition continues and that people have access to a piece of history that affected the birth of an independent Finland.
- 2018 (103)
- September (10)
- A memorable and surprising visit to Torni Tampere
- Burger rally: A burger for every day of the week at Amarillo!
- The head chef recommends: 10th cabaret season to launch in October
- Exception arrangements on traffic in Turku
- Tallinn International Horse Show 2018
- Theme room: The story of Pori ice hockey
- Original Sokos Hotel City Börs modernisation starts
- Step into an amazing world of beauty!
- Arina received Trip Advisor certificate
- Annual maintenance at Break Sokos Hotel Eden in Oulu from 1 to 27 January 2019
- August (14)
- Saara Aalto in Savonlinna
- The Knights of Torni Helsinki
- Attend a charity gala in support of children with diabetes
- Design Night is back!
- Tallinn Marathon to be held in September
- Enjoy a luxurious evening of cabaret in Estonia
- Organise your conference or throw your Christmas party in the heart of Tallinn!
- The renovation of Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti has been completed
- Enjoy world-class entertainment – tickets to our autumn cabarets are now on sale!
- The five biggest concerts coming up at Tallinn's oldest nightclub
- Have a rally good time in Tallinn!
- Onni the Squirrel invites families to Tallinn
- Viru staff recommend: Celebrate Estonia's independence in Tallinn
- Be healthy – check your health with a 20% discount
- July (10)
- Estoria added to yet another prestigious design map
- Fafa's joins nationwide ‘Vegan Choices' programme
- Estonia's most beautiful palace and park marks its 300th anniversary
- Well-known Estonian vegans put Fafa's menu to the test
- Amarillo unveils its amazing new house burger!
- Estonian design store at the Estoria
- Duudsonit Activity Park in Seinäjoki
- The first renovated floor of the classic hotel Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna is finished
- Restaurant Mr. Grön
- Instructions for spa guests
- June (17)
- Now you can get together in privacy at Amarillo!
- Turku Regional Cooperative to open a new hotel in Kupittaa
- Tallinn's TV Tower is turning 38!
- Beauty is strength – customer discounts at Viru Salon
- Onni the Squirrel recommends: kids' summer at the Viru Hotel
- Sokos Hotels Tallinn's manager shares best tips on summer entertainment in Tallinn
- Get a bright white smile for summer!
- Special burger menu at the Bridges Bar
- Original Sokos Hotel Seurahuone Kotka renovation 2018
- Sokos Hotels has been granted a Green Key eco-label for all its hotels
- Wiklundille viisi uutta ravintolaa
- Host your autumn conference or Christmas party in Estonia
- Discover the world's most species-rich wooded meadows in Estonia
- The humble chair as a work of art – true gems of Estonian design at the Estoria
- The Table – Enjoy culinary surprises in great company in the heart of Tallinn
- Amarillo is now open!
- Souvenir Shop Nordis
- May (9)
- Experiences in Vaasa
- Fun for families
- Refurbishment in front of Tapiola Garden
- Puijonsarvi recieved Sauna from Finland certificate
- Kayaking on your own!
- Golf and Spa – perfect city summer in St. Petersburg
- Helsinki by bike from Torni
- Seurahuoneen 31 uudistettua huonetta nyt varattavissa
- The most beautiful meeting point has been opened
- April (16)
- Panda rooms in Seinäjoki
- Sport and summer in St. Petersburg
- Join the Viru Hotel team!
- Tallinn Flower Festival 2018
- Events in Kuopio
- Recommendations from our four-legged employee
- Karhunkierros Trail in Kuusamo
- Rent a bike in Tapiola
- Hidden treasures of Lake Saimaa
- Styles of arts and architecture at Torni Helsinki – Scenic rooms
- Styles of arts and architecture at Torni Helsinki – Jugend
- City art weekend in May
- Tallinn's second Fafa's restaurant now in Viru Keskus
- A rare sight at Kadriorg Art Museum
- An adrenaline-fuelled team day in Tallinn
- Authentic wood design pieces in the Estoria Hotel's pop-up store from 20 April-12 May
- March (5)
- February (8)
- Tallinn Fashion Week is back!
- Already 11,000 copies of the book of Estonian stories!
- The official jubilee cake of Estonia – try it!
- U.S. News & World Report placed Estoria Hotel among the Top 10 in Estonia
- Our shop is open!
- Shopping in Helsinki
- KGB Museum celebrates its birthday
- Yoga makes the impossible possible
- January (14)
- Restaurant Dans Le Noir? is now available for reservation every day
- Vaakuna Rovaniemi is Travelers´ Choice 2018
- Levi events
- Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience certificate to Vaakuna Rovaniemi
- A wonderful new Travel Kit in Tapiola Garden
- Snowpanda couple in Ähtäri
- Ilves equipped with two electric car charging stations
- Natural History Museum in Helsinki
- We are proud to present: Solo Sokos Hotel Turun Seurahuone
- Welcome to Estonia! The top moments of EV100
- New check-in times at Sokos Hotels in Tallinn!
- Estonia's jubilee year is here!
- Moomins in Helsinki
- The best restaurants in Tallinn in 2018
- September (10)
- 2017 (109)
- December (6)
- November (9)
- Things to do at Break Sokos Hotel Vuokatti
- Hamburger Börs at Instagram
- Tallinn through the eyes of a Finn
- Hotel Viru & KGB museum
- Vaakuna in Mikkeli welcomes you
- Seurahuone in Savonlinna welcomes you
- We protect the environment at Sokos Hotels in St. Peterburg
- Reservations made by Russian citizens for Sokos Hotels in St. Petersburg by telephone +7 (812) 335 2207 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more
- Celebrate the New Year the Hawaiian style!
- October (6)
- Solo Sokos Hotel Paviljonki is developing services
- Hamburger Börs received a Sauna Certificate
- Hotel Lappee does its part for Green Key
- Saimaan Palju & Original Sokos Hotel Lappee
- The Finns voted Estoria and Viru in the top 10 best hotels in the world
- Major restaurant modernisation at Vaakuna in Vaasa is complete!
- September (12)
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Fall in love with our theme rooms - see the videos
- In need of a workout?
- Café Amigo now on Instagram as well!
- Rendel, a Finnish superhero film
- Bistro Manu is open!
- Electric car recharging point at Vaakuna Pori
- Follow the President in Facebook & Instagram
- Torni Tampere restaurants
- Tapiola Garden in Instagram
- Arrive at Tapiola Garden on West Metro
- Bus transportation from the Airport to the Hotel!
- August (7)
- July (7)
- See what the weather is like in Tallinn Old Town at this very moment!
- Did you know that...
- A pedestrian bridge to the Port of Tallinn
- The new building of the Arvo Pärt Centre received its corner stone
- Extensive design exhibition at Tallinn Art Hall
- Helsinki, Tokyo and Berlin to add to your shoe rack!
- Onni the Squirrel's favorite places in Tallinn
- June (11)
- Get refreshed by the pool at Hamburger Börs Turku
- Activities by Koli Activ
- Nightclub Cafe Amigo
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Landmarks of Tampere on a web guide
- Updated exhibition is St. Petersburg
- Pedestrian Street - Heart of the city
- Gastro Bar Itä 1
- 8th line PUB
- The best Sokos Hotel in the world
- May (14)
- Green Key eco label
- Beware of the design – the new design stores in Tallinn!
- The only opera house in the world named after a country in Tallinn
- Special benefits for hotel guests
- Dans le Noir? restaurant
- Eleven FINLAND 100 themed rooms in hotel Viru
- Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
- Reino Rental at Koli
- Forever Young Cabaret night in Tallinn
- The official instagram page
- Accommodation for the newlyweds in St. Petersburg
- Wedding in St. Petersburg
- Welcome to Royal Vaasa's sauna
- Unforgettable moments
- April (11)
- Hotel right next to the shopping paradise
- Original Sokos Hotel Koljonvirta, for a good cause
- Your dream wedding
- Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
- Kokkolan Kaarle supports GBK-Tigers team!
- The most popular fashion centre in Estonia
- Grand Maket Rossiya Museum
- Original Finnish cuisine in St. Petersburg
- Your new workspace is in Tapiola Garden
- Open values of the cultural capital
- We recommend!
- March (11)
- Sokos Hotels is the most sustainable hotel chain in Finland
- Try Northern cuisine in St. Petersburg!
- Sweet options in the LobbyBar!
- Central section WHSD opening in St. Petersburg
- Central section WHSD opening
- Combi-room in Vaakuna Vasa
- Early breakfast in Flamingo, Vantaa
- The Telegraph has spoken — Viru is in the top 5 hotels in Estonia
- Lappee supports low-emission mobility
- Book a hotel directly without any third parties
- BOOK A HOTEL DIRECTLY WITHOUT ANY THIRD PARTIES
- February (4)
- January (11)
- New Theme rooms
- Bachelor and bachelorette party in Royal Vaasa
- Wedding night at Royal Vaasa
- Wedding in Royal Vaasa
- Have a break at Levi!
- Coffee Bar
- Inspiring meetings at Hotel Torni in Tampere
- Do you read blogs?
- A SMALL TROOP OF MONKEYS LIVES IN DESIGN HOTEL VAAKUNA
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi INSTAGRAM
- 2016 (36)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (4)
- August (2)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2015 (13)
- December (1)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- July (3)
- June (2)
- April (2)
- January (1)
- 2014 (13)
- November (2)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2013 (9)
- December (1)
- November (3)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- February (2)
If you want to make reservations at co-op member prices and get Bonus points, log out of the My S-Card service.
If you want to make a reservation as an S-Card customer, log out with your S-credentials and log in to the My S-Card service.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to book S-Card bonus nights at St. Petersburg hotels through the online service. Please contact our Sales Service, tel. +358 20 1234 600.