What is S-Card?
Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
Sokos Hotels that has already 35 Green Key certified hotels in Finland take their environmental work seriously. They have recently done impressive environmental work when renovating their establishments, at the same time spreading good will by donating the replaced goods.
In Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti that lies in Helsinki city center thousands of furniture are replaced when giving the hotel a refreshed look. The old furniture will get a new life in multiple ways: Some of them have been reupholstered to fit the hotel´s new look. Some have been relocated to staff premises. Beds, blankets, pillows, curtains and night tables in turn get to continue their lives with a help of a Finnish company named Freshrent.
Freshrent cleanses and renovates the old materials. Some of the materials are good enough to be sold to private homes, smaller hotels and festivity premises. There are also temporary houses for construction workers as well as reception centers furnished with the old hotel beds.
Often hundreds of beds can be replaced when renovating a hotel. These beds might end up in a landfill but Freshrent gives it´s all to keep the stuff away from the landfills. If a bed is not suitable for use anymore it will be put into pieces that are recycled. Caring about the nature is a trend but Festrent also has plenty of customers that highly value the good quality of durable old hotel beds, states their CEO Juha Mäkinen.
Recycling furniture to fight social exclusion
Renovated Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi at the city of Kuopio in turn donated their old goods to local Tukeva-work training foundation. The foundation gives workshops where the goods are renovated and then sold in foundation´s shops. The earnings from the shops are used to support socially exclusioned young people and long term unemployed.
Also, Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra in Jyväskylä donated some of their beds to help prevent social exclusion and help the long term unemployed but also the animals got their share of good will: Bedsheets were donated to vet clinics and a local agility association.
Responsible business is made of everyday choices
Reusing and recycling as part of everyday work is a fundamental part of Green Key work and an important part of responsible hotel business. Sokos Hotels chain are working hard to have all their remaining few hotels Green Key certified by the end of the year 2017.
Janina Nurmela, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 50 388 3477, email email@example.com
Hannele Laurila, Hotel Director, Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti, tel. 050 359 4449, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
As of Monday April 24th, the chain's loyalty program business travellers, the S-Card holders, can check in to any Sokos Hotel with their smartphone. Next up will be the introduction of electronic check-out.
Electronic check-in has been piloted in a number of Sokos Hotels since last autumn. Test period results have proved to be positive and customers have described the service as very user-friendly. The payment option was particularly praised. Electronic check-in is now available to S-Card holders in all Sokos Hotels in Finland.
"The new service provides customers a carefree and effortless stay, both prior to and during their travels. Via the online check-in service, the customer can check reservation details, inform the hotel of their arrival time and have the possibility to pay for the hotel stay in advance", says Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager at Sokos Hotels.
"We want to offer business travellers alternative ways of checking in to hotels. In some instances traditional check-in may be preferred, while at other times customers may want to enter their rooms without interference. Our customers who already are frequent users of digital services have found the online check-in possibility a welcomed and positive development. The payment option makes also the check-out more effortless", Siitonen continues.
As of April 24th, online check-in is in use in all Sokos Hotels in Finland, for those S-Card holders who have booked their rooms on the Sokos Hotel's website via the S-Card Service, via Sokos Hotels Sales Service Centre or directly from the hotel. Check-in can be done on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The development of digital services at Sokos Hotels continues. During this year, the chain aims to introduce an online check-out service. In the future, online services will also be extended to the S Group owner-customers.
Markus Siitonen, Concept Manager, Sokos Hotels, tel. +358 10 76 82739, email@example.com
S-Card customer service tel. +358 10 76 82777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokos Hotels is the most sustainable hotel chain in Finland
S Group's chains were again ranked high in the Sustainable Brand Index, the largest brand study on sustainability in the Nordic countries. Finnish consumers rated S-Market, S-Bank and Sokos Hotels as the most sustainable brands in their categories.
The brands were listed by country. When all the studied sectors were put together, Sokos Hotels was the 29th most sustainable brand in Finland. S Group's brands received excellent rankings, with the Kotimaista product range (2nd place), S-Market (3rd place) and Prisma (9th place) being in the top ten.
In the annual Sustainable Brand Index study conducted in Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway, nearly 30,000 consumers analyse more than 750 brands, for example, according to how sustainable they consider each brand to be. Every brand is analysed by at least 1,000 people of more than 16 years of age. The study included roughly 140 brands from Finland.
The analysed brands were selected according to their market position, annual turnover, market share and general brand awareness. With regard to social and environmental sustainability, the study is based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact initiative.
Read more about the Sustainable Brand Index study.
Lappee supports low-emission mobility
When you stay at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee during summer, you can borrow a bicycle free of charge for a couple of hours. Using a bicycle, all fun activities at the port, the fortress museums, the popular Myllyranta beach and, for example, the children's traffic park are within quick and easy reach. We offer Jopo bicycles for adults and children, and Aino and Oiva bicycles for adults. Of course, you can also borrow bicycle helmets and child seats from us. We hope that you take a tour around the city on a bicycle, without needing to worry about parking and without producing any unnecessary emissions.
In July, you may meet valiant dragoons on horseback. The history of dragoons starts in Sweden in the 18th century. Uusimaa dragoons took part in the Finnish Civil War in 1918. The dragoon battalion was closed in 1989. The Dragoon Guild maintains the heritage of dragoons. The ride of the dragoons in Lappeenranta always takes place in July. Original Sokos Hotel Lappee supports the traditional mounted patrol of the Dragoon Guild. We also find it important that this tradition continues and that people have access to a piece of history that affected the birth of an independent Finland.
Book a hotel directly without any third parties
MaRa, the Finnish Hospitality Association, is involved in the European BOOK DIRECT campaign launched by HOTREC, the European trade association of hotels, restaurants and cafés. The campaign reminds consumers of their possibility to book services directly from service providers and offers information about the benefits consumers receive by booking an accommodation, restaurant or other service directly via the booking channels of companies. The wide range of booking channels has increased the number of choices available to consumers and information about the range of services, while these booking channels include unreasonable terms and conditions for companies.
Consumers are able to book accommodation or restaurant services in many ways. Different booking channels offer different benefits and advantages for consumers and service providers, such as accommodation companies and restaurants.
The BOOK DIRECT campaign reminds consumers that by booking services directly without the use of any third parties, they receive a number of benefits. By booking services directly from the company's website, by calling or sending email to the company, or by directly visiting it, consumers have direct contact with the service provider. By maintaining direct contact, consumers obtain direct information about availability, other services, any special offers and terms and conditions. In addition, it benefits companies to always offer the lowest price on their website.
By booking a room directly via the booking channels of accommodation companies, consumers are protected by the general booking and cancellation terms and conditions of accommodation companies audited by the Consumer Ombudsman. In this way, service providers also assume responsibility for any booking-related problems. If consumers book their services via an external booking service company, these terms and conditions will not apply.
The largest booking service companies hold a strong position around the world. The wide range of booking channels has increased the number of choices available to consumers and information about the range of services, while they have presented unreasonable terms, such as the best price condition, to accommodation companies. Accordingly, accommodation companies must always offer the lowest price to booking service companies and so they cannot offer rooms at lower prices in their own channels. The fees charged by booking service companies from service providers are often unreasonably high. In addition, booking service companies may indicate that no rooms are available, even though there actually are.
Book a room at Sokos Hotels – and get the best benefits – directly at sokoshotels.fi. You can also book a room by calling our sales service (+358 20 1234 600).
Welcome to Sokos Hotels!
- 2018 (49)
- March (12)
- Solo Sokos Hotel Estoria will take part in the Earth Hour!
- Air conditioning is shut down during Earth Hour in Original Sokos Hotel Kuusamo
- The Conference Centre of Hotel Viru was freshened up!
- The second Fafa's restaurant in Tallinn will open it`s doors in Viru hotel!
- Eden's spa is closing earlier on 19th of April
- Restaurant Amarillo in Tallinn is getting a facelift!
- Andrea recommends – skiing gives you a shot of positivity!
- Own pin for Torni Helsinki
- Events in Tampere
- Events in Tallinn from March until May!
- Explore Savonlinna on a bike
- Bowling in Tapiola
- February (15)
- Events in Iisalmi!
- Tallinn Fashion Week is back!
- Already 11,000 copies of the book of Estonian stories!
- "Congratulations, Estonia!" at Amigo on 23 February
- The official jubilee cake of Estonia – try it!
- U.S. News & World Report placed Estoria Hotel among the Top 10 in Estonia
- Eden spa is open througout Easter holidays!
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Pori easter
- Jyväskylä - City for meetings and congresses
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna's inner yard is out of service
- Our new shop is open!
- KGB Museum celebrates its birthday
- Yoga makes the impossible possible
- Spend your winter holiday in Saint Petersburg
- Ice fishing on the frozen sea
- January (22)
- Restaurant Dans Le Noir? is now available for reservation every day
- Vaakuna Rovaniemi is Travelers´ Choice 2018
- Levi Happenings during 2017
- Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa's renovation
- Baltic Snow Call Oulu
- Baltic Snow Call Oulu
- Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience certificate to Vaakuna Rovaniemi
- Skiing in Espoo
- A wonderful new Travel Kit in Tapiola Garden
- Winter vacation in Levi
- Snowpanda couple in Ähtäri
- Ilves equipped with two electric car charging stations
- Alipay at Original Sokos Hotel Kuusamo
- Natural History Museum in Helsinki
- We are proud to present: Solo Sokos Hotel Turun Seurahuone
- Welcome to Estonia! The top moments of EV100
- New check-in times at Sokos hotels in Tallinn!
- Estonia's jubilee year is here!
- Winter at its best in Savonlinna
- Moomins in Helsinki
- The best restaurants in Tallinn in 2018
- 2018 - a summer of true opera classics In Savonlinna Opera Festival
- March (12)
- 2017 (129)
- December (10)
- Get the best shopping deals from design stores in Helsinki
- Original Sokos Hotel Valjus is being renovated
- Original Sokos Hotel Seurahuone Kotka renovation 2017-2018
- Routa Theme Room in Oulu
- The playroom for childen in Original Sokos Hotel Alexandra is being renovated
- Solo Sokos Hotel Estoria has been awarded the best design hotel title
- Tasty treats for music lovers in 2018 in Estonia
- Pasi recommends hopping on the tram to Kopli, in Tallinn!
- Tapiola Garden and Nature Center Haltia
- Say goodbye to shoulder pain in Joensuu
- November (15)
- Things to do at Break Sokos Hotel Vuokatti
- Hamburger Börs at Instagram
- 23th birthday of nightclub Cafe Amigo in Tallinn!
- A sea of excitement for a special price!
- Walk the ‘red carpet' to the museum!
- Tallinn through the eyes of a Finn
- Renovation at Valjus, Sulo closed from 18.12.2017
- Hotel Viru & KGB museum
- Airport Bus from Rovaniemi to Kuusamo
- Disruptions in phone service in City Börs, Turku
- Vaakuna in Mikkeli welcomes you
- Seurahuone in Savonlinna welcomes you
- We protect the environment at Sokos Hotels in St. Peterburg
- Reservations made by Russian citizens for Sokos Hotels in St. Petersburg by telephone +7 (812) 335 2207 or email@example.com. Read more
- Celebrate the New Year the Hawaiian style!
- October (6)
- September (14)
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Fall in love with our theme rooms - see the videos
- In need of a workout?
- Café Amigo now on Instagram as well!
- Rendel, a Finnish superhero film
- Bistro Manu is open!
- Electric car recharging point at Vaakuna Pori
- Follow the President in Facebook & Instagram
- SPA area at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge will be closed 9.-20.4.2018
- Torni Tampere restaurants
- Rosenlew Museum's exhibition explores the Long 1950s
- Tapiola Garden in Instagram
- Arrive at Tapiola Garden on West Metro
- Bus transportation from the Airport to the Hotel!
- August (8)
- July (9)
- See what the weather is like in Tallinn Old Town at this very moment!
- Finnish ice hockey stars at hotel Estoria!
- Did you know that...
- A pedestrian bridge to the Port of Tallinn
- The new building of the Arvo Pärt Centre received its corner stone
- Extensive design exhibition at Tallinn Art Hall
- Helsinki, Tokyo and Berlin to add to your shoe rack!
- Onni the Squirrel's favorite places in Tallinn
- Seurahuoneen 31 uudistettua huonetta nyt varattavissa
- June (10)
- Get refreshed by the pool at Hamburger Börs Turku
- Activities by Koli Activ
- Nightclub Cafe Amigo
- Are you going to spend a holiday in Turku with you family?
- Landmarks of Tampere on a web guide
- Updated exhibition is St. Petersburg
- Pedestrian Street - Heart of the city
- Gastro Bar Itä 1
- 8th line PUB
- The best Sokos Hotel in the world
- May (16)
- Green Key eco label
- Join our team!
- Recognition of Estoria's great stories
- Beware of the design – the new design stores in Tallinn!
- The only opera house in the world named after a country in Tallinn
- Special benefits for hotel guests
- Dans le Noir? restaurant
- Eleven FINLAND 100 themed rooms in hotel Viru
- Sokos Hotels recycle thousands of furniture
- Reino Rental at Koli
- Forever Young Cabaret night in Tallinn
- The official instagram page
- Accommodation for the newlyweds in St. Petersburg
- Wedding in St. Petersburg
- Welcome to Royal Vaasa's sauna
- Unforgettable moments
- April (12)
- Hotel right next to the shopping paradise
- Original Sokos Hotel Koljonvirta, for a good cause
- Your dream wedding
- Sokos Hotels introduce electronic check-in
- Original offer from the restaurant
- Kokkolan Kaarle supports GBK-Tigers team!
- The most popular fashion centre in Estonia
- Grand Maket Rossiya Museum
- Original Finnish cuisine in St. Petersburg
- Your new workspace is in Tapiola Garden
- Open values of the cultural capital
- We recommend!
- March (13)
- Sokos Hotels is the most sustainable hotel chain in Finland
- Try Northern cuisine in St. Petersburg!
- Anniversary beer Viru XLV in contest heat!
- Sweet options in the LobbyBar!
- Original Sokos Hotel Viru will take part in the Earth Hour!
- Central section WHSD opening in St. Petersburg
- Central section WHSD opening
- Combi-room in Vaakuna Vasa
- Early breakfast in Flamingo, Vantaa
- The Telegraph has spoken — Viru is in the top 5 hotels in Estonia
- Lappee supports low-emission mobility
- Book a hotel directly without any third parties
- BOOK A HOTEL DIRECTLY WITHOUT ANY THIRD PARTIES
- February (5)
- January (11)
- Meet the Viru 45 anniversary year with records
- New Theme rooms
- Bachelor and bachelorette party in Royal Vaasa
- Wedding night at Royal Vaasa
- Wedding in Royal Vaasa
- Have a break at Levi!
- Coffee Bar
- Inspiring meetings at Hotel Torni in Tampere
- A SMALL TROOP OF MONKEYS LIVES IN DESIGN HOTEL VAAKUNA
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi INSTAGRAM
- December (10)
- 2016 (40)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (2)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2015 (13)
- December (1)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- July (3)
- June (2)
- April (2)
- January (1)
- 2014 (14)
- November (2)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- June (1)
- April (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2013 (11)
- December (1)
- November (3)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- March (2)
- February (2)
If you want to make reservations at co-op member prices and get Bonus points, log out of the My S-Card service.
If you want to make a reservation as an S-Card customer, log out with your S-credentials and log in to the My S-Card service.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to book S-Card bonus nights at St. Petersburg hotels through the online service. Please contact our Sales Service, tel. +358 20 1234 600.